Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Reviewing Different Time Strategies

Time management is something that I personally struggle with because of how busy my schedule is. It is not easy to juggle a full-time job with school because of how much time school requires. These past few years I have made a schedule for myself so that I can get all of my things done. I have been pretty successful, however, I barely sleep in order to make sure that I have everything done and that affects my performance. My goal this semester is to really fine-tune my schedule to get everything done in a timely manner and still have time for other things.

The first article that I read was "How Checklists Train Your Brain To Be More Productive And Goal-Oriented."I learned that dopamine is released from our brain when we experience small amounts of success Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is linked to feelings of pleasure. Checklists are a great way to get things. Speaking from experience, I love making checklists and they really help me get things done in a timely manner. When I see a checklist my goal is to prioritize it and get that done first. This helps with my procrastination and once I start checking things off it motivates me to keep going and get it done.

Picture of a checklist;
Source: Flickr

The second article that I read was "How to Build a realistic Study Plan That You'll Actually Stick to." From this article, I learned that a good way to plan time for your classes is to make a realistic schedule of your other activities such as work and things you do in your day-to-day life. Then in the free time that you have, you can start to fill in and make time for your classes. I am more likely to follow a schedule if I have it written down somewhere that I will see it every day. I have found that using planners really helps me and I stay organized. It is also important that you give yourself enough time to finish your assignments and are not rushing so that you can do quality work. 

How to build a realistic study plan that you’ll actually stick to

How to build a realistic study plan that you’ll actually stick to


1 comment:

  1. Hey Gabriela! I used to be really bad at time management. To fix that I began putting everything that I had to do into my calendar on my phone and laptop so that I can check and see what I have to do and when. I also write down tasks that I need to do on sticky notes and put them above my desk so that I can remind myself. This works somewhat like a checklist to me.

    ReplyDelete