Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Adam and Eve

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins

Week 6: Tales of a Parrot

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Brer Rabbit

Week 9: Jamaica

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Apache

Week 11: Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Nursery Rhymes

Week 13: Robin Hood

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Hunt

Week 15: Ashliman

I am excited about all of these units, not just one! I tried to take mythology almost 3 years ago and it has just never worked out with my schedule. It is something that has interested me for years and that I want to learn more about. If I had to pick one I would say that I am most excited for the Native American unit only because Native American tribes are such a big part of Oklahoma and its history. For week 12, I chose nursery rhymes and I also excited for that one because of how much I loved nursery rhymes as a kid ad still do. Most of the nursery rhymes that I do know are in Spanish, and there's very few that I know in English so I am interested to learn more about them. 

Cartoon picture of Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall;
Source: Pixabay

I chose a picture of Humpty Dumpty because this is one of my favorite nursery rhymes that I remember from when I was a kid. It is also a very popular one that most children know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment