Friday, February 7, 2020

Biography: First Pet

For nineteen years, I begged my parents to let my dream come true and get me a dog. The answer was always no, and my mom assured me there would never be a dog in her household as long as I shall live under her roof. A few months into the nineteenth year, she saw a lady walking her Shih Tzu and fell in love with that breed. That's when I stepped in and started to once again nag her about getting a dog. She finally agreed and I could not have been any happier. That next week we drove to Stigler, Oklahoma and made the best decision. We picked up our little guy and brought him home four days after Christmas. 


The first picture of Skye the day we brought him home. 
Personal photo from December 2018. 

I never knew that this little bundle of joy could bring me so much happiness. It might have taken nineteen years but he came at a perfect time right when I lost my grandma, who was practically my best friend. I was really struggling and spending time with him really helped me fill the void that my grandma had left me with. This was my blessing in disguise and one of the things in life that I am most thankful for. We are attached at the hip and he is now the most spoiled baby. I wonder what my life would be like had my mom not given in to getting me a dog. 

Skye's first Christmas outfit.
Personal photo from December 2019. 

P.S. Enjoy one of my favorite pictures of him at the end. The little hoodie he is wearing says, "Who needs a mistletoe when you're this cute." This was his Christmas 2019 outfit and also the first Christmas that he spent with us. 

Author's Note: I chose to write about my first pet because it is one of the moments that changed my life for the best. I have struggled a lot trying to figure out who I truly am these past few years and getting him felt like my world was finally looking up. He is very special to me in many ways and if I am going to write any kind of biography he is an essential part. I loved writing this story because I got to relive the day that we got him and all those memories came running back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment