Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Famous Last Words: A Hectic Week

This past week has been extremely crazy and hectic. I have had several different doctor appointments to go to. I started and finished my application for the rest of my Communication Sciences and Disorders degree at OU Health Sciences Center. There were so many parts to it and a lot of paperwork that I had to get from my previous college and fill out so it was very time-consuming. I also work a full-time job and work six out of seven days a week. My schedule is very busy and some weeks I really struggle to fit everything in.

The reading that I chose this week was "Adam and Eve" from the biblical unit. I grew up going to church with my parents and going to bible school on Sundays to learn all about different stories of the bible. Reading those stories brought back old memories from those days and it was fun to read stories that I do not remember so well. I read the first part of the unit, but due to time restraints this past week I was not able to read Part B and write the blog for it by the time that it was due. I did the extra commenting assignments to make up for those points, but I really liked that unit so I want to go back and finish reading it soon.

I enjoyed the assignment where we have to comment on other people's posts because I find it interesting how everyone uses their imagination to recreate stories and change things about them. I read a lot of good ones and enjoy doing my work for this class because I am invested in it. This class is a lot of writing and I usually hate anything to do with writing, but it is so easy to get carried away typing when you are into the topic that you are writing about. There are not any limits in this class and that is a great opportunity to grow.

My goal for this week is to get all of my assignments done and do some extra credit to get ahead a few points. I have been procrastinating a lot these past few weeks and this week I really want to work on getting ahead so that I am not so stressed out.

An accurate description of the word tomorrow for procrastinators;
Source: Flickr

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gabriela!

    I was stopping by to say thanks for your interest and feedback on my storybook! That Origin story was a little rough, so I encourage you to come back by in the future weeks and see how it changed after my revision. I am glad you enjoyed it though, it is nice to see that the excitement I put into these stories is being felt by the readers. One of the elements I am very careful about is Hades personality. He is a complex guy and I am attempting to change people's common ideas about him. It is nice to see that I am accomplishing this goal, at least in your eyes. Anyway, thanks again, feedback is always welcomed.

    I liked this assignment. I haven;t considered it when doing my extra credit options but it seems like a good way to reflect on the up's and down's of the week. Procrastination is so easy to do, especially when life gets hectic. My best advice is to just set out a plan for the week in advance and do your best to stick to the times you allotted for things. That's how I get my work done on time and even ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete