Monday, February 3, 2020

Topic Research: Nursery Rhymes

My three favorite nursery rhymes that I want to start researching and include in my project are Humpty Dumpty, Hickory-Dickory-Dock, and Hush-a-bye baby.

I want my project to be modern stories for kids to read before bed, but I will be combining different nursery rhymes to come up with each story so that they are still short stories, but not too short.

For my story based on the nursery rhyme Hickory-Dickory-Dock, an idea that I have is to change the clock to another object and instead of a mouse maybe use a hamster or some other animal in the rodent family that is not a mouse. I have not decided what other nursery rhyme I want to combine with this to come up with a new story, but I have the part for Hickory-Dickory-Dock.

Hickory Dickory Dock nursery rhyme;

Hush-a-bye baby is a story that I am thinking of combining with Rain Rain Go Away and possibly one other nursery rhymes to be able to tell a story with events for a whole day. I was thinking about possibly changing the baby to an animal, such as a monkey. Monkeys are my favorite animal so I would like to somehow incorporate that into my story.

As for a story with Humpty Dumpty, this was always my favorite nursery rhyme growing up. It makes me laugh every time because it is a silly story. I picture trying to put Humpty Dumpty (an egg) back together and it seems quite impossible. I want to change the ending of this story to where somehow Humpty Dumpty is put back together again, just in time for something else to happen to him and break him again.

Picture of Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall;
Source: Pixabay


These are the two links that I used to find stories to do my project:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/18546/18546-h/18546-h.htm
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/04/myth-folklore-unit-nursery-rhymes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment